Want to get into selling energy management? A great place to start is with LEDs (light emitting diodes), because they can generate a return on investment much faster than other energy-efficiency technologies. This makes them a great first step to selling more full-blown energy management systems.
Jim Sweeney of Hometronics Lifestyles and EcoTronics in Connecticut is conducting a two-day seminar on selling LEDs, mostly in the commercial sector where the ROI is much faster. Sweeney has been a pioneer in selling energy efficiency systems, and HomeTronics is one of the first custom electronics firms to move boldly into selling green and energy-efficient systems. Check out a profile of the company’s efforts here.
Participants can also become EcoTronics dealers (see below). The dealer program helps business break into selling LEDs, perform audits and prepare quotes and receive no-bid contracts through an already-approved vendor in some states.
The seminars will be held May 24, from 9 am to 4pm and May 25, 2012 from 9 am until 1 pm, at The Langlais Group, 15 Morgan Farms Drive, South Windsor, Conn. Registration is $249 per person and $124.50 for each additional enrollment.
What you will learn from this course:
- How energy management is becoming a mainstream business opportunity.
- How LED lighting is the fastest way to reduce your energy consumption.
- Why LEDs will dominate the industry for years to come.
- About the different types of LEDs.
- About the use of LEDs to help business and residences become “greener” facilities.
- Understanding LED Lighting language and terms.
- What markets are available (retrofit, new construction and remodeling).
- How to determine the business sectors that use the most energy and the best way to approach each of them.
- How to determine who the real client is as well as how and where to find them.
- How to conduct an audit to determine the best way to save on energy.
- How to present an effective demonstration and what tools you need to do so.
- How to present a compelling Return on Investment (ROI).
- Where to find local and federal rebates.
- What associations to affiliate yourself with.
- Who you need to build alliances with.
- Is there life after LEDs…Is this a continuing business proposition?
When you become a dealer you will be provided with:
- Timely industry news.
- Preferred pricing on all except special orders.
- Energy calculator: 25% off both purchase price and annual subscription.
- Discount on boot camp training.
- Templates for mailing, postcards, constant contact, etc.
- Option to participate in trades shows (cost sharing basis).
- Opportunity to participate in preferred vendor programs in Energy Management.
- Discounts on demonstration sample bulbs, classes, other materials.
- Assistance in quoting jobs.
- Dealer webinars
- Ability to have your own website “port-hole” as a part of the Ecotronics website.
- Leads from shows.
You may also like: