The recently released Control4 Operating System adds several software innovations aimed squarely at the commercial market, including:
- New drivers for the popular KNX intelligent building network protocol, for lighting, HVAC, security, energy, and audio/video.
- New Access Agent enables a user to limit unauthorized access through password protection, and the ability to hide selected functions, which provides business owners more controlled access to automated capability.
- A new FieldServer driver provides support for commercial HVAC systems through the FieldServer Technologies’ QuickServer Gateway, enabling automation access to Delta Controls, GE, Honeywell, Johnson Controls, Mitsubishi, Rockwell and other thermostats over device networks including BACnet, Lonworks, Modbus, and more via serial, bus or TCP/IP.
- A new Tandberg driver extends Control4′s support for teleconference systems, supplementing existing support for Polycom and ClearOne.
- The enhanced Themes SDK enables user interface customization by dealers to thematically brand screens on Control4 touchscreens and displays running Control4 Navigator.
Panelized Lighting Control
The centralized, panelized lighting control solution, which has been in beta for a while, supports 110-volt (U.S. residential) to 277-volt (commercial) applications.
The new 8-channel, Control4 Adaptive Phase Dimmer module includes automatic, adaptive phase control technology to support newer lighting technologies such as dimmable fluorescent, CFL and LED sources, as well as legacy light sources such as incandescent, halogen, and low voltage.
Also being shown are wired keypads for the U.S. and Europe/Asia markets. Two- to seven-button keypads for the U.S. market feature flexible button configuration, backlit engraving, optional split up/down buttons that can be dedicated to a single function or be tied to last button pressed, and an ambient light sensor that adjusts backlight and static LED brightness, depending on room light level. Square-format wired keypads for the Europe and Asia markets have three-, four- and six-button configurations, backlit engraving and bi-colored status (red and blue).
The Control4 Panelized Lighting solution product line includes: 8-Channel Relay Module, 8-Channel Dimmer Module, 8-Channel 0-10V Dimmer Module, 8-Port Ethernet Switch Module, Bus Ethernet Gateway, Bus Power Supply, 2-Slot Panel, 5-Slot Panel and Terminal Blocks.
The Panels and Terminal Blocks for the Panelized Lighting solution will be available for order immediately, with Modules and Keypads available in the second quarter.
You may also like: